You may not think much about your teeth until you have a problem or concern. However, your smile (and your entire mouth for that matter) is quite interesting and powerful. Here are some unique facts about your teeth and your oral health that might make you appreciate your smile a little more:
The enamel on your teeth is the hardest part of your body, even stronger than your bones.
- All of your teeth are formed in the womb; they just erupt as we grow.
- Your mouth will produce more than 25,000 quarts of saliva, which is enough to fill two swimming pools.
- One third of your teeth are hidden underneath your gums.
- The plaque that sits on your teeth can host over 300 different types of bacteria.
- On average, most people spend 49 seconds brushing their teeth, which is a stark contrast to the recommended 2 minutes.
- If you don’t floss, you are missing as much as 35% of your tooth surface.
- Three out of four people in the United States suffer from some type of gum disease whether it is gingivitis, or more advanced periodontal disease. Let us know if you suffer from red, swollen or bleeding gums!
Are you impressed with your smile? We certainly are. At Mitzi Morris DMD, we are here to protect and enhance the amazing capabilities of your teeth and gums for optimal oral health.
Posted on the behalf of Mitzi Morris, DMD, PC
Circle us on Google+
1295 Hembree Rd, Suite B202
Roswell, GA 30076